Our client is making a difference in people’s lives everyday – even saving lives! The company re-defines the way people access and experience Health Care in Canada. They are redefining accessibility to healthcare system and improving the experience lived by it’s users. The solution connects with existing healthcare systems via API’s every day, and wants to connect them all.
The responsibilities of the PHP Integration developer are to write, integrate and test various API connection. Knowing sometimes people need a bit of change, the PHP Integration developer will also assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements and will maintain and troubleshoot existing API integrations. The candidate must have that “whatever it takes” attitude and love getting things done, be detail oriented, and not afraid to speak his/her mind if she/he thinks there is a better way to do things.
- Write, modify, integrate and test various API connections;
- Maintain existing software by making modifications as required;
- Develop and maintain API technical documentation.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements;
- Troubleshoot and debug API integrations;
- Write clean, test driven and easily maintainable code;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Participate in peer code review sessions;
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent analytical, time management skills, and meeting delivery schedules;
- Good abilty to self learning
- Good communication skills;
- Better-than-most attention to details;
- Proactively offer solutions to complex technical problems;
- Fluent in English and French.
- 3+ years experience working with Object Oriented PHP (required);
- 2 years familiarity with AWS server architecture (required);
- 3+ years experience working with MySQL (required);
- Some experience working with Laravel Framework;
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs;
- Experience with job queues and background PHP processes;
- Experience with unit and functional tests;
- Git or other subversion control tool;
- Ability to design and architect highly scalable applications.