Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Type: Full Time
Plusgrade is the world leader in airline upgrade solutions. Plusgrade’s proprietary SaaS platform and program optimization strategies enable 60+ of the world’s leading airlines to maximize the value of their premium cabins and onboard amenities. For the second consecutive year, Plusgrade has achieved the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 list in Quebec. Plusgrade has its headquarters in downtown Montreal, with an additional office in New York City.
We are seeking experienced Software Engineers to work with us to build amazing new products for airlines and travelers. This role will report to and work from our Montreal office.
We firmly believe there are many complex unsolved challenges in travel technology, and if you are excited about helping us solve some of them, we would like to meet you.
Our Software Engineers are full stack. In a typical week, an engineer will develop new features with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and frontend, automation, and test engineers. We value shipping well tested high quality features fast and frequently. They also collaborate with peers to develop technical proposals and contribute to internal tools that optimize our development processes. They will assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving issues.
- You have worked on a team and delivered a product you are proud of.
- You have been building web applications professionally for 3+ years.
- You can lead a technical architecture discussion in front of a whiteboard and help drive technical decisions.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have experience designing and implementing software in Java or .Net and deployed in the cloud (AWS preferred)
- You have a strong understanding of testing and the test pyramid. You have an understanding of pipelines and feedback loops. You have a delivery focused mindset.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Extra bonus points for experience in the Airline industry and familiarity with travel technology.
More info: contact: Charlesreny@talentsapiens.com