Front End Developer
Location: Montreal, Quebect, Canada
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Plusgrade is the market-leading provider of upgrade solutions, a key segment of the fast-growing ancillary revenue and merchandising sector, in the global travel industry. Plusgrade’s proprietary SaaS platform has received accolades from industry-wide participants and many distinguished media publications, including being recognized for the second consecutive year as one of the fastest growing technology companies on both the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ list in Canada and Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ in North America. Founded in 2009, Plusgrade has offices in Montreal, Canada and New York, USA. In 2019, Plusgrade will open a new office in Singapore.
We are seeking an experienced Front End Developers to work with us to build amazing new products for airlines and travelers. This role will be located in our Montreal headquarters
We firmly believe there are many challenging opportunities in travel technology, if you are excited about helping us solve some of them, we would like to meet you.
As a Front End Developer your typical week would consist of:
- Maintaining and developing new features on our applications
- Analyzing problems and estimating user stories to create reusable solutions to match all of our partners’ needs
- Being part of a open minded AGILE team
- Reviewing the code of your colleagues using pull requests
- Doing pair programming sessions to share knowledge and deliver high quality and tested code
- Build, test, and deploy features frequently
We empower all of our engineers with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and test engineers. You would also collaborate with peers to develop technical proposals and contribute to internal tools that optimize our development processes. You would also assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving issues.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- You like working with other people to find the right solutions for the right problems
- You understand best practices for software development mixed with delivery deadlines and can strike the right balance
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- You have experience designing and implementing software in NodeJS, Python, Java or .Net and deployed in the cloud (AWS preferred)
- You have experience working with a popular frontend rendering library or framework like React, Angular or VueJS or are very passionate to learn more about it. Experience in React is preferred
- You have experience creating complex user interfaces using a state manager library like MobX, Redux, Ngrx Store or Vuex
- You have a strong understanding of testing and the test pyramid
- You have experience working with HTML5, CSS3, and responsive designs
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- You can lead a technical architecture discussion in front of a whiteboard and help drive technical decisions
Extra bonus points for experience in the Airline industry and familiarity with travel technology.